The Colloquium Czar unlocks the lecture hall for the weekly department colloquium and makes sure that the overhead projectors, microphones, and laser pointers are available and working correctly. After the colloquium, they store away the equipment, and lock the lecture hall.
In a little more detail, the job involves:
- Going to the colloquium room about 15 minutes before the colloquium, preferably at the same time as the speaker.
- Setting up the speaker's laptop. If the projector is not working, try the second one. Failing that, run to get the portable projector. After colloquium, (if there were problems), call technical support to let them know that something needs to be fixed.
- Test the microphone, making sure the batteries have enough charge.
- Mic up the speaker.
- Remember the department laser pointer and offer it to speaker.
- [Afterwards] Turn off the microphone and return to drawer. Turn off projector. Turn off lights. Lock the colloquium room.
Website: Colloquium Czar wiki page
- Alexa VanHattum, Wil Thomason, Yunhao Zhang, Ana Smith, Niko Grupen, Yurong You, Tegan Wilson, Boyi Li, Wenting Zhao, Raunak Kumar, Rachit Nigam, Soham Sankaran, Eric Campbell, Darian Nwankwo, Julia Len
- Zikai Wen, Drew Zagieboylo, Junwen Bai, Cody Freitag, Matthew Burke, Dylan Foster, Josuha Gancher, Natacha Crooks, Xanda Schofield, Fabian Muehlboeck, Jonathan DiLorenzo, Somya Basu, Matthew Milano, Molly Feldman, Andrew Hirsch, Ethan Cecchetti, Paul Grubbs, Fran Mota, Jack Hessel, Dylan Foster, Fabian Okeke, Praveen Kumar, Vishal Shrivastav, Brad Gulko, Chenhao Tan, Mark Reitblatt, Daniel Cabrini Hauagge, Guozhang Wang, Nan Rong, Oliver Kennedy, Benyah Shaparenko, Lucja Kot, Jed Liu, Lonnie Princehouse, Lars Backstrom, Ymir Vigfusson, Art Munson, Mingsheng Hong, Eric Breck, Bo Pang, Yangling Wang, Matthew Harris, Nate Nystrom, Dan Grossman, Tugkan Batu
Last updated August 26th, 2019